ValloCycle, the first city-wide bike share in the state of Alabama, was developed to promote a healthier lifestyle and a cleaner environment through the utilization of bicycles as an alternative form of transportation. In addition to organizing cycling activities throughout the year, the program offers a wide variety of rental bicycles to individuals who live and/or work in Montevallo. In addition to traditional mountain bikes and cruisers, the fleet is comprised of hand operated cycles for individuals with physical disabilities. A bike trailer is available for day use and bikes can easily be equipped with paniers for transporting supplies upon request.
Interested in renting a bike, become a member!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BECOMING A MEMBER:
All members of the Montevallo community are eligible to join the ValloCycle program. All adult users (age 18 and older) of ValloCycle bicycles must be registered members of the program.
Complete this fillable form which will be sent to city hall. Visit city hall to pay for membership. $20 per term; Terms run from January 1-May 1; May 1-August 15; August 15-December 31st. Montevallo City Hall, 541 Main Street, Montevallo AL 35115; Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Check out a bike from Montevallo City Hall or Montevallo Police Department 24/7
CHECK OUT PROCESS: after becoming a member, follow these steps to check out a bike from the rental locations.
1. Go to City Hall or Montevallo Police Department (541 Main Street) and provide your photo I.D. Alternative events will be hosted on UM campus for check out as well.
2. Select a bike, helmet and lock from pool.
3. Inspect the bike for damages and let attendant know if there are any damages. Air pumps are available at checkout site.
4. Attendant will then enter your bike name in system and assign you a due date.
5. Bikes are due the last day of the term but are subject to be recalled in cases of high demand. Bikes will only be recalled if the user has had the bike for at least one month. Members will be provided with another bike upon request as it becomes available during the term.
1. On the assigned due date, in the case of a recall or when finished with the bike, users are to return the bike and any additional equipment (lock, helmet) to the attendant on duty at Montevallo City Hall or Montevallo Police Department .
2. Report any damages or repair needs. Damages not reported will be charged directly to you prior to any subsequent rentals.