Applications are submitted online or mailed to City Hall. Find application at the bottom of this page.
Jobs Currently Available: Recycling Center Laborer; Administrative Assistant to the Mayor
Applications Closed for Asst. City Clerk and Administrative Asst.
Recycling Center Laborer
(Click here to download)
||Part Time (20 hours / week)
||$9.15 / hour
The Recycling Center Laborer is responsible for operating and maintaining the Montevallo Recycling Center.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Operates Equipment at the Recycling Center
- Bails, compacts, and weighs materials
- Operates a skid steer to relocate materials
- Keeps the premises clean
- Maintains the recycling equipment and grounds
- Ensures that all equipment, materials, and work conditions are adequately maintained to prevent accidents
- Assists the Sustainability Coordinator as needed
Job Location and Equipment Operated
- Duties are performed in both the field and office setting
- Field equipment operated: skid steer, compactor, bailer, shovel, broom, and rake
- Office equipment operated: computer, calculator, copy machine, and telephone
- Vehicle: may be required to drive a city vehicle to other city facilities
- Must possess and maintain a valid Alabama Driver's License and an acceptable driving record
- Require background check and pre-employment drug screen
Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to operate a Bob Cat (skid steer), bailer, compactior, and other Recycling Center equipment and machinery
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, bend, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and to reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move heavy objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Outdoor. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Formal application, rating of education and experience, oral interview and reference check, and job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to a drug screen prior to appointment. Final appointment to this position is contingent upon a satisfactory drug test result.
Employment Application and Resume may be submitted at www.cityofmontevallo.com
Resumes may also be mailed to:
City of Montevallo; Attn: Human Resources
541 Main Street | Montevallo, AL 35115
The City of Montevallo, Alabama is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.