Weather Icon

Public Works

The City of Montevallo Public Works Department provides our citizens and visitors with a safe and clean city they can be proud to call home. It is the responsibility of the public works department to maintain traffic signs and lights, repair damage to city roads, repave city roads on a regular schedule and cut grass and brush along road right of ways. If you notice any issues with city roads, please call city hall at 205-665-2555.

State and County Roads

Several roads in Montevallo are State and County Highways and are maintained by Shelby County and the Alabama Department of Transportation. If you notice an issue with a state or county road, please use the information below to contact them.

  • Alabama Department of Transportation 334-353-6554
  • Shelby County Highway Department 205-669-3882

Garbage Services

View Garbage Services Page

Leaf and Limb Pickup

View Leaf and Limb Pickup Page

Street Cut Permits

Any work resulting in the cutting, excavation, removal, or replacement of a City street, alley, curbs, or sidewalk requires the issuance of a permit by the Director of the Public Works Department. Street Cut Permits are also required for work affecting the street surface and/or curbs and/or sidewalks.

To apply for a Street Cut Permit, first make sure you meet the requirements, and then fill out the form by following this link: Request for Street Cut Permit. For any questions, email Kirk Hamby at (Please note, permitting takes at minimum 24 hours.)


View Cemetery Page